Website monetization is the procedure of transformation of your existing web traffic into particular revenue. Some of the popular methods of monetization websites are using CPI/CPM Cost Per Impression and Pay Per Click (PPC) marketing.
In simple words website monetization is doing work on websites, blogs and apps for making money. It is not about selling a product but this process is easier than that. Simply means that earning from a website without selling anything. If a website, blog or mobile app is a perfect place for advertising products then there are numerous plans to do that.
It is defined in a one line,
Website monetization = Earn money through website visitors
Website Monetization Depends on 2 Variables:
- How much revenue is earned from each visitor to the website or blog?
- How much traffic a website can generate?
What Can You Do in a Website Monetization?
Website is a most valuable and noticeable online property. Most website and blog owners are probably spending a lot of time and resources for promoting and helping it grow. If you are good and successful, you probably have thousands (maybe even tens of thousands) of visitors to your website each month. If you’re very successful, you may get hundreds or thousands of visitors per month. That’s a massive audience, so it’s no surprise that advertisers would love to get in front of it.
However, there is not only a website which you can monetize, there are some more things like applications, software or even you can monetize browser extensions, also. Make sure monetization strategies are not same for all these things you have to make different strategies for it.
A lot of strategies for website monetization and which are useful to discover all of them so you can take full advantage of your revenue potential and create a solid income.
7 Ways of Website Monetization
- Pay per click advertising
- Cost per impression advertising
- Banner advertising
- Affiliate marketing programs
- Data monetization
- Paid membership programs
How to Measure Website Monetization?
The amount of generating money from a website it depends on 2 factors which are follows:
2 Factors to Measure any Website Monetization
- The volume of traffic
- Average revenue derived from each visitor or page view
Total Revenue = Page views x Revenue per Page view
Way to measure how successfully monetizing a website and generating traffic through active CPM. So the revenue generation formula says that if you want to increase revenue, there are two key routes to do so.
2 Key Routes for Increase Revenue of a Website
- Increase your eCPM
- Increase your traffic
How Much Do Websites Make Money Online?
There are a various factors that control how much money you can possibly make from your blog or website:
- Monetization Efficiency: This basically refers to how well you take advantage of the opportunities available to you, and how good you catch the most possible revenue out of your visitors.
- Visitor Values: Different promoters have different strategies and ideas of quality. It may be possible that one company’s target market (visitors) may be absolutely unattractive for another company’s website. Generally, the more attractive and useful your website, the wealthier viewers you will get.
- Presence of Appropriate Website Monetization Sources: Essentially, you will be able to more effectively monetize your website if your website position is in a good rank. Where there are many promoters, advertisers and companies are willing to spend to reach your visitors. If no one is looking to reach your audience, then there is no meaning how capable they are.
There are numerous different techniques to do website monetizing and different strategies will work more effectively for different types of sites. The general strategies for website monetization are listed below.
5 Strategies for Monetizing a Website
1. Lead Generation:
In certain positions, websites can generate quality leads for third parties or vendors who are willing to pay money on per lead. Those companies are individuals who believe that quality lead may eventually become paying customers.
2. Display Advertising:
Most websites on the internet use display advertising strategy to generate part of their profits; in this method the banner ads are shown on different places that you see lots of times while browsing. Like Google Adsense, Bing Ads, chitika, info links advertisement etc…
Some sites in the market are making their money mainly by selling their content. This can be hard to break and get a good market position because many publishers have been moving away from it in the last few years, but if you are actually not good but want to crack the nut then there can be a big pay day.
Online market stores are another big moneymaker, and in recent trends it’s a wealthy business; selling services or products online is a way to make money from your traffic. Many websites operate completely as ecommerce websites like: Amazon, ebay, Netflix, Asos, Walmart, Etsy, Alibaba etc…
5. Affiliate Marketing:
Many websites work under an affiliate marketing module, where they bypass their visitors or we can say leads to a partner seller. If that referral visitor makes a successful payment, then the affiliate gets a commission.
Website monetization is far from precise skills; there’s no step to step guide or manual with which to increase earnings, but you need to understand the audience interest to maximize earnings from your website.